Amrita Vidyalayam is excited to offer an early university program for academically talented students, through a new partnership with the University of Arizona.
The University of Arizona Academy (UArizona Academy) offers academically talented high school students the opportunity to enroll in a carefully curated set of online college courses alongside UArizona undergraduate students. Students typically start in year 10 and may earn 15 credits in non-degree seeking admission status; these credits can be applied toward a UArizona undergraduate degree program, in-person or fully online. After completion of 15 units, well-qualified students will be invited to apply for degree-seeking admission. In this status, students may earn more credits while in high school. A University of Arizona advisor will help you to determine which and how many courses to take, and how those credits will apply toward your UArizona degree requirements.
All courses taken in the UArizona Academy program will be recorded on an official University of Arizona transcript, allowing for students to continue their undergraduate education at the University of Arizona or transfer credits to another U.S. university.
These fully accredited online courses are delivered directly to students through the university’s learning management system. Students have access to recorded lessons, assignments, and group discussions, and the UArizona professor provides synchronous office hours, open to all participants.
Students can complete their coursework at home or, if available, the high school may provide a study area with high-speed internet and a high school teacher who serves as a local academic advocate.
BENEFITS OF JOINING UARIZONA ACADEMY
- Significant competitive advantage in College Selection Process
- Students receive an official University of Arizona transcript, and may transfer and continue their undergraduate education at the University of Arizona or at another U.S. university.
- Opportunity to learn from world class professors
- Lower cost of study and reduced duration to complete a degree
- Exciting exploratory courses in a broad range of subjects. Build your knowledge in a subject that already interests you or explore new fields that may inspire you to learn something new.
- Students earning a 3.0 GPA on six or more units may be considered for the prestigious UArizona Academy Scholars merit award, which can be used to attend UArizona in Tucson, Arizona, USA. Scholarship value is dependent on GPA and the number of units completed.
STUDENT PROFILE AND ADMISSION CRITERIA
UArizona Academy is designed for the most academically talented students, as measured by:
- Endorsement from the head of school/principal
- Application link: https://slate.admissions.arizona.edu/register/globalacademy
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated English Proficiency
For English proficiency requirements, please go to:
Courses are taught on a 7-week or 15-week schedule. In a given term, approximately half of the Global online courses that UArizona Academy students can choose from are taught over a 7-week period, so it is possible to take two courses sequentially in one semester, or four over a full academic year. Summer courses (June-August) are also available for students to earn additional credits.
Summer 2021 start dates: (Apply by May 1)
- 5-week session 1 – June 7
- 5-week session 2 – July 12
Fall 2021 start dates: (Apply by August 1)
- 15-week schedule – August 23
- 7-week session 1- August 23
- 7-week session 2 – October 24
To learn more about the program, please fill the following details:
Amrita Vidyalayam Branch name
Percentage in previous classes (starting from class 9 onwards)
For information about UArizona Academy, visit:
To learn more about the University of Arizona, visit:
Amrita Vidyalayam contact: